Skip to main content

Included Arc HDMI in-wall?

• 31 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Resetting up my Sonos Arc and wondering if the included Arc cable is in wall rated. Also, would I be able to be use a Rocketfish 4K in-wall instead?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I would guess probably not, but since it’s low voltage wiring, I would not be too worried about it.  Then again, a replacement in wall rated wire is pretty cheap an easy to acquire.  Rocketfish is overpriced in my opinion.

I’m not a fan of Rocketfish either, not only overpriced, but I question their quality. I’ve had trouble with their stuff in the past, but then again, I suspect they have many different manufacturers, especially in China, so the quality might be extremely variable. Some might be bad, some might be excellent, hard to tell. 

I doubt that it’s in-wall rated because rated cable is stiffer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Another cable you guys recommend then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve got several HDMI cables from MonoPrice.com in my walls, been there for years and still working. I think they now sell on Amazon as well as direct.

Here then pick your fire rating from the list at the left.

https://www.monoprice.com/category/cables/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cables?keyword=