Answered

I can't connect my sonos to the wifi

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I used to have my two sonos 1 SL speakers connected to the wifi and now that I moved to a new house I’m trying to connect them to the new wifi and even thoufh the app locates the wifi it can’t connect.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 October 2023, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Nefeli 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If the instructions on our Connect Sonos to a new router or Wi-Fi network help page don’t work for you, please try connecting either one of your speakers to the router with an ethernet cable. Within a minute or two, both speakers should be online - you should then go to Settings » System » Network » Manage Networks and remove your old WiFi credentials, then tap Update Networks to enter your new credentials. The app will tell you when to remove the ethernet cable, and you can then relocate your speakers to their intended location(s).

Alternatively, log into your router’s settings and set the credentials to match those of your previous router - your speakers should then just connect.

I hope this helps.

I’m having the same problem as above person but I don’t know what a router is or if I have one sorry.

thanks

kate 

Kate,

If you’re unsure that you know what a router is, it’s likely that your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss your issue.