I am out

• 5 September 2023
  • 1 reply

So after 10 years I decided to sell off all my Sonos. I had enough with the nonsense.

Here are the reasons:

• STP issues with my Unifi networks resulting in frequency cut outs and broadcast storm (SONOS ARC, SONOS BEAM)
  • Notification connection led on any speaker that cannot understand that blinking at 2AM is pointless (Any speakers)
  • Lack of support for advance DTS (SONOS ARC, SONOS BEAM)
  • Tiny power button (SONOS ROAM)
  • Many steps necessary to turn off device (SONOS ROAM)
  • Charging a battery operated speaker can not be done when speaker is off (SONOS ROAM)
  • Wireless charging using tiny coils that corrode and break (SONOS MOVE)
  • Lack of native support for things like Airplay 2 (Any speakers)

But more importantly I think the company and engineers are completely are lost and struggle to design a great ecosystem that just works. 

Ciao.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

So after 10 years I decided to sell off all my Sonos. I had enough with the nonsense.

Here are the reasons:

• STP issues with my Unifi networks resulting in frequency cut outs and broadcast storm (SONOS ARC, SONOS BEAM)

This is a network configuration issue, not a Sonos issue.

• Notification connection led on any speaker that cannot understand that blinking at 2AM is pointless (Any speakers)

LED’s can be turned off.

• Lack of support for advance DTS (SONOS ARC, SONOS BEAM)

The sources which use advanced DTS are dwindling by the day.  If I were going to use 4K disks, I’d never have bought a sound system which doesn’t support advanced DTS and I definitely would not buy something which doesn’t support it hoping some day it will.

• Tiny power button (SONOS ROAM)
  • Many steps necessary to turn off device (SONOS ROAM)

Roam has it’s problems.  Mine works great, for others it doesn’t. 

• Charging a battery operated speaker can not be done when speaker is off (SONOS ROAM)

Mine charges just fine when off. 

• Wireless charging using tiny coils that corrode and break (SONOS MOVE)

Had one since day one, never had a problem. 

• Lack of native support for things like Airplay 2 (Any speakers)

Every speaker you have listed in your rant supports Airplay 2.  Curiouser and curiouser.

But more importantly I think the company and engineers are completely are lost and struggle to design a great ecosystem that just works. 

As my dear departed father used to say:  Those who can’t do, teach, and those who can’t teach, critique.  

Ciao.

We hardly knew ye.