Skip to main content
Answered

how to unassign a device from a room in the sonos app.

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I recently bought the Sonos arc, era 300 (x2) and subwoofer in order to create a TV surround system . The app seems to force me to set the ARC up in a separate “room” versus the era 300 and mini sub. It appears the only way I can get them to work together is to combine them in a “group”. Is this the correct set up or should the app allow me to put all devices in one “room”? If so, how do I remove the ARC from one room and reassign to the room with the 300 and mini sub?  it does not appear to be easy or obvious based upon my previous attempts.  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

To setup a home theatre system with the Arc, remove and add the Sub Mini to the Arc, separate the Era 300s from being a stereo pair, then in Arc room settings select Add Surrounds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Much confusion comes from the change to Room form Zone by Sonos.

You probably want a single Zone (aka Room) consisting of the Arc as the Right, Left, Center and Front-Height channels, the Sub for the low frequencies and the 300s as the Surrounds and Surround-Height channels.

You can name that Zone (Room) anything you like as the name is only a label for the controller to show you.

If you do not want the 300s as Surrounds you can remove them from the Arc’s Zone (Room) and add them to your system either as two more Zones (Rooms) or as a stereo pair in a single Zone (Room.)

Again you can name each Zone (Room) whatever you like. Sonos doesn’t care if you name a Room bathroom but put the speaker in your kitchen, it just gets confusing for you. :-)