Skip to main content

When I bought my Playbar years ago, I had to turn off the sound from the TV to stop a slight echo effect. I am now having sound issues, with the sound dropping occasionally. I want to disconnect the Playbar and turn back on the TV’s sound to see if it is the Playbar or the TV that is having the issue, but I can’t remember where the setting is in the Samsung menu.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Hi @Flybridge 

Thanks for your post!

I can’t really assist with the TV settings (though I would presume the option would be under Audio or Sound in the TV’s menu - either select TV speakers, or disable Optical Output), but I can inform you that it is entirely possible that the issue does lie with the Playbar - we are aware of an issue affecting Playbar that results in audio interruptions, and are investigating.

Please reboot the Playbar by unplugging it from power for a moment. If that temporarily fixes the issue (for about a week or so), then that will basically confirm it’s the Playbar at fault. Currently, the only workaround is to reboot the Playbar when it starts misbehaving again.

If rebooting the TV by unplugging it for at least 2 minutes helps, however, then that may be all you need to do, and your Playbar is fine.

If you’d like confirmation, please submit a support diagnostic immediately after hearing the interruptions and post the given number here - I’ll be happy to verify for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

I eventually found the setting to stop output to the PlayBar. That proved that the issue is the TV, not the PlayBar.

But, surprisingly, turning the TV (and PlayBar) off completely, leaving it overnight, seems to have fixed it. Since reconnecting everything to the power, the sound has not dropped.

So, at least for now, I’m spared the expense of another TV/sound bar!