Answered

How to connect Samsung Frame TV, ARC and AMP with 2 Ceiling Speakers

• 9 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I have 2 AMP’s. One AMP feeds my Kitchen with 4 hardwired ceiling speakers.  Great sound.  

My 2nd AMP supports our living room with two hardwired ceiling speakers.  I have an ARC connected to my Samsung Frame TV via HDMI cable.   Neither of the AMP’s are HDMI connected to my Samsung Frame TV.  The two AMP’s are located in my media room closet on the other side of the house and are not connected to my Samsung Frame. The following are the connections that I would like to have.   

1.  I want my two hardwired family room speakers to play my Spotify music with the ARC speakers in sync. I have my ARC linked to the 2nd AMP.   Do I need to connect the ARC to the 2nd AMP with an Ethernet cable to allow music to be played in sync? How do I make this connection to allow the ARC and the 2 Living Room ceiling speakers play music at the same time?
  2. I also want to use my 2 living room hardwired ceiling speakers connected to my 2nd AMP to work with the ARC that is HDMI connected to my Frame TV to obtain surround sound in the Living Room?  Do I need to have the 2nd AMP HDMI connected to the Frame TV? 

Thanks for reviewing these questions.   

icon

Best answer by buzz 9 January 2023, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sync for music is not an issue -- simply Group the Rooms. Group sync for TV audio can be an issue because the latency is different when the ARC is playing TV audio.

If you include the Living Room AMP in the surround system, this AMP will become part of the surround Room. It is not convenient to repeatedly break this AMP out to become a stereo Room again, but you can configure this AMP to play front and rear stereo music with ARC.

Only ARC needs to be connected directly to the TV when ARC and AMP are configured as a surround Room.

Thanks for your quick response. It works!! The Grouping of rooms was the solution.  Saved me from running a 75ft ethernet cable in my attic.  Will work on the surround set up next.  The grouping of music was my primary interest.  The ARC by itself provides great sound in the living room for the TV.  

Thanks again.