Skip to main content
Answered

HOW TO CONNECT A FIRESTICK

• 15 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Guys

I have an LG TV 55 inch with 3 HDMI connections plus a further HDMI ARC/eARC.

The Sonos Beam Gen2 is connected eARC.

For the moment everything is working as expected.

[Netflix / Amazon / Disney+ are running from APPS on the TV] They each provided a version of surround sound✓

I also have a Set Top Box for streaming channels. This box needs to be replaced as it's old now.

I'm hoping to replace it with a FireStick 4K that accommodates a version of Dolby Atmos.

I also want to connect a Blu-Ray player that takes advantage of the Sonos Dolby Atmos Sound.

Can you advise me as to the best way to firstly connect the FireStick?

Secondly can you also advise on collecting a Blu-Ray Player?

I'm not a very technical guy!

Kind Regards

Padraig 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

All devices would connect to the other HDMI ports on your TV set, with the Sonos staying on the eARC port. It will play any source you’re watching. If you needed to, you could plug your source devices into an HDMI switch, and plug that in to any HDMI port in the TV. 

No suggestions on a Blu-Ray player, though. Some of that depends a bit on whether you care about DTS or not, but 90% of them out there are pretty much the same. You may want to do research on a non-Sonos forum, such as the AVS forum. I think rtings.com also reviews players, in addition to TVs, but I’ve never actually looked. 

Hi Bruce

Ta so much tor the speedy reply.

That a great help for “ALL devices” sorting the Fire Stick.

Scratching my head “DTS” / Research before buying.

Cheers