Skip to main content
Answered

How Do I Power Up on Arc?

• 4 September 2023
  • 11 replies

I have a Sony A80k. When I power up the tv and sat box it never comes up on HDMI 1, where the Arc is. I have a pic where it does come up. How do I get the tv to come up on sat box with Arc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Not sure I understand, and the picture doesn’t help. Your Arc needs to be in the HDMI-eARC port. The sat box can go into any other one.

Userlevel 7

The HDMI ARC/eARC port is HDMI 3 on the A80K, not HDMI 1.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Not sure I understand, and the picture doesn’t help. Your Arc needs to be in the HDMI-eARC port. The sat box can go into any other one.

I’ve got the Arc going into eArc port HDMI 3 on the A80K and output of the Directv box going into HDMI 1 on the A80K.  To watch tv, should I be looking at HDMI 1 or HDMI 3?  Right now, when I turn on the set, the page shown comes up onscreen, rather than coming up on Directv’s picture.  How do I get the TV to come up on picture first thing?

You’d obviously watch DirecTV by selecting the HDMI port it’s connected to, i.e. HDMI 1.

As for what appears when you boot the TV that’ll be down to the TV settings. FWIW my Sony A90K boots to the home screen.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

You’d obviously watch DirecTV by selecting the HDMI port it’s connected to, i.e. HDMI 1.

As for what appears when you boot the TV that’ll be down to the TV settings. FWIW my Sony A90K boots to the home screen.

Thanks.  Can you change settings to boot on HDMI 1?

Thanks.  Can you change settings to boot on HDMI 1?

No idea. Check the user documentation for your TV. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Well, solved my problem.  I found “Power On Behavior” in settings and set it to last input.  That was it.  Now the tv boots up on HDMI 1.

So your issue didn’t really have anything to do with the Arc.  However, there is a similar settting for the Arc, in that you can tell it to automatically set to play TV audio when it senses audio coming through the HDMI-ARC input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just for fun look at the Arc port, world’s most boring screen saver from the Arc.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Ya, I’ve seen that. I agree. 

Badge

Your Arc speaker MUST get its signal on the Sony A80K from HDMI 3 earc