How do I delete all those Sonos folders on my TV?

• 18 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

On my Samsung smart TV under the Sonos icon, there are about SIX folders that popped up for music, photos, etc. I don’t want these folders there. HOW do I delete them? Anyone know? Help!!! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe post a picture?

Userlevel 7

Hi

You said there are 6 folders for music, pictures etc. Sonos has nothing to do with pictures. However to answer your question it has nothing to do with Sonos.

There is a setting in your Samsung TV menu that allows it to discover servers on your network. A server can be Sonos (music, podcasts, audio books), your cell phone (music, pictures podcasts, Audio books, Movies) a NAS (music, pictures, podcasts, movies, audio books, files) or even a DVD Player. You need to read your Samsung manual to understand how to stop it from discovering servers or call Samsung for the answer.

FYI, my LG does the same thing…but it doesn’t bother me nor interfere with my viewing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My Samsung does this, super annoying, it thinks each Sonos device is a DLNA device (they don’t support DLNA in fact).

You can try moving the TV to a Guest wifi as most Guest wifis block local network traffic. Or disconnect it from your network entirely if you don’t use the built-in apps.