Question

Hisense H7C Uktra 4K with Arc - will it work?

• 8 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have searched and searched with no luck. 

I have a Hisense H7C Series 4K TV that has an Arc port, but eArc port. It’s about 3 years old. 

Can I get an Atmos signal through through to a Sonos Arc? I want one, but cannot determine if it will work.

Also, I know I would need to get a new streaming box as the Apple TV and Amazon Fires I have connected don’t support Atmos. What do you recommend for Atmos with the Sonos Arc and this low end 4K TV (if it will even work)?

Thanks for any help. I am done searching. I also called Hisense and they need the serial #, which is on the back of the TV and mounted on a wall. Not really thrilled with taking the TV down to find the serial #, so thought I’d try here. 

Thanks,

Robert

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @robertburkejr 

Below are the official Sonos answers regarding the Arc’s performance for “X” brand TV.  Your TV IMO would fall under #3.  Click this link for streaming services that support Dolby Atmos one of which is AppleTV.   I hope this answers your question(s). 

Cheers!

1. Sonos Arc can connect to TVs with eARC, ARC, or optical outputs. For greatest compatibility, eARC is recommended.
  2. If you connect to a TV with eARC, the Dolby audio formats supported include Dolby Atmos, TrueHD, MAT, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital.
  3. If you connect to a TV using ARC, the Dolby audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital. An ARC connection cannot support TrueHD or MAT.
  4. If you connect to a TV using the optical adapter, the Dolby audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Digital. An optical connection cannot support Dolby Atmos, TrueHD, MAT, or Dolby Digital Plus.
Badge +1

“May be capable” :-( 

I have seen this, I suppose the only way is to find out if this TV supports it is to find out from Hisense. Not the best luck their yet.

thank you for responding!

The LED display is very fragile and must be protected at all times when installing the legs that form the stand. Be sure to protect the TV screen from getting scratched or damaged by any hard objects. In addition, DO NOT exert pressure on the front of the TV at any time because it could crack.