Answered

help!! samsung frame surround sound setup

• 5 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I currently have a samsung frame above a fireplace. The wire for this is very well hidden down the side and under the carpet about 3 metres to the samsung one connect box. 

I’d really like to add some more speakers for films/music to the room and possibly a turntable. My predicament is that I can't start moving sockets etc as the room is wallpapered.

I wondered how it would work if I had the following set up:

Sonos Amp with HDMI into samsung one connect box

Sonos Arc/Beam under TV ( can this connect via Sonos app as the tv one connect box will be connected to the amp? or do I need to directly connect the Soundbar to tv box via HDMI?

2 Sonos Play 1 as rear speakers 

Sonos subwoofer 

My hope is that the Soundbar doesn't need to be connected with HDMI and can use the amp...but I don't know a great deal about these things so any advice would be  gratefully received

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 January 2022, 21:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately the Arc or Beam needs to be directly connected to the HDMI ARC/eARC port on the One Connect box. But the Sub and Play:1s will connect wirelessly to the Arc or Beam.

You could connect an Amp to the HDMI ARC port on the One Connect box and use the Amp to power a pair of in-wall speakers. You would then connect a Sub and a pair of Play:1s wirelessly to the Amp for a 4.1 home theater setup. You could also connect a turntable to the Amp too with this setup.

Thanks, that’s put a bit of a spanner in the works. I can’t really touch the walls or ceiling but I’d really not want wires showing. Back to the drawing board