Answered

Help needed - Sonos set up and apple 4K

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Help needed from the forum please!

My set up - Arc, era 300 (x2) as surrounds and a mini sub connected via eARC to LG G2 tv. 

When connected via apple 4K I have no sound on Netflix or Prime apps when settings are set to Dolby Atmos, when I switch to 5.1 I have sound across all streaming services. 

Dolby Atmos works on the normal TV and the Apple TV app, but not the Netflix or Prime apps via the apple TV 4K, the only work around is switching the setting to 5.1 on the apple 4K settings. 

Can anyone help me with this, as I would ideally not have to switch setting and hoped that the apple 4K would auto switch between atmos and 5.1 when available without changing settings time and time again?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 August 2023, 06:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I would check your TV sound settings are set similar to those detailed in the following thread:

After hours of testing and calls to apple and Sonos, the issue is as follows:

two inputs to the TV / arc causing the issue with the arc.

Sky set top box - audio is fine all of the time

Switch to apple 4K - Atmos plays but no 5.1, so any show that does not support Atmos is silent. 

However - If I turn the sky box off and into stand-by mode, the audio auto adjusts and plays both Atmos and 5.1 on the apple 4K.

The issue seems to be 2 inputs switched on at the same time and the arc can not switch between the two when both are turned on. 

Very frustrating and still no resolutions desire hours of trouble shooting.

Userlevel 7

Set your TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

And try disabling the CEC setting on the Sky box. The setting might be called “HDMI control”.