Skip to main content

Up until yesterday, my Arc was working fine. But when I turned my setup on today, nothing. No sound from the Arc. 
I am using an older Sharp TV so I am using an HD Fury Arcana to separate the audio as I was only getting stereo pcm from the tv. This setup has worked fine for about the last two years or so, until tonight. 
i have

Sharp 65” tv. 
Virgin TiVo.

chromecast

Bluray player. 
the devices go through an HDMI switch before getting processed by the Arcana. It outputs display to the TV and eArc to the Sonos. 
I am also using a Harmony hub universal remote to control everything.

The Arc still plays stuff over the WiFi, such as BBC radio and Spotify so I know the speakers work. 
I noticed when I use the remote, it will turn the volume down on the Arc but it won’t turn it back up? 
I’ve tried the usual fixes, turning off, checking connections and cables, swapping them round, even plugging the TiVo direct into the Arc. I’ve also checked the display on the Arcana and it appears to be outputting it’s audio ok.
Nothing works.

This leads me to think something has gone wrong with the HDMI input into the Arc. I can set the input on the app on my iPhone to TV and it normally shows what sort of input it’s getting, such as DD5.1 etc but it is showing nothing. 
Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received. 

You mention that previously you were getting stereo PCM direct from your TV, before you started using the Arcana, I assume that was with either an HDMI-ARC, or Optical connection (using the Sonos adapter). I would just try that again and see if you get audio - don’t forget to go through ‘TV Setup’ in the Sonos App and if it works then try the setup again with the Arcana in the loop and just see what happens. 

Try toggling CEC off/on again in the TV settings too.