Has anyone else had issues with the sound constantly cutting in and out?

• 1 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have had issues intermittently with the sound cutting in and out or skipping with my system. I have an epson projector with an hdmi cable 50ft run through the ceiling and down the wall to my Sonos arc. From the Arc I have a sub and two SLs connected. I have good internet signal and everything worked great for about a month, then I started to notice the skipping or cutting in and out of the sound. It’s annoying as heck when trying to enjoy a movie. Has anyone experienced this? If so then how did you fix it? I tried calling SONOS for help and it just direct me to someone in another country following a set list of trouble shooting.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

50ft HDMI cables can be problematic. Some work OK, some will not. Do you have any issues playing music through ARC?

I have not tried playing music but I will try soon and reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

50 feet is asking a lot from a cable, wish they were cheap enough I could say “try a better quality cable” without cringing at the cost.

Maybe try a fiber optic type for a cleaner signal?

This as an example to look at, not a suggestion to buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/DGHUMEN-Support-Dynamic-Compatible-RTX3090/dp/B09JYJN8QM/ref=sr_1_19_sspa?th=1