Skip to main content
Answered

Getting Atmos with Beam Gen 2 via Sky Movies but not Netflix?

• 10 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi wondering if anyone can help with the following issue.

We have a Sonos Beam Gen 2 connected the the HDMI Arc port of our Samsung Tv.

We have Sky Q connected to the Tv. We can get Atmos (verified via the Sonos app) via Sky Movies but can’t get Atmos through Netflix either on the inbuilt tv app, Sky Q App or the Roku Streaming Stick+.

We have the highest subscription to Netflix and settings in Netflix are at the highest level too.

There’s a good amount of Atmos movies Sky but it’s frustrating not knowing what’s stopping us enjoying the same sound through Netflix! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

“Dolby Atmos is not available via TV apps on Sky Q, such as Disney+, Netflix etc. If you want to experience Dolby Atmos while using these, you'll need to switch to the app on your Smart TV.”

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-dolby-atmos

Badge

“Dolby Atmos is not available via TV apps on Sky Q, such as Disney+, Netflix etc. If you want to experience Dolby Atmos while using these, you'll need to switch to the app on your Smart TV.”

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-dolby-atmos

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for confirming that Atmos through Netflix on Sky Q isn’t possible.

As stated though i can’t get Atmos through Netflix on either of the inbuilt Tv app or through the Roku Streaming Stick+.

Userlevel 7

What model Samsung TV do you have? Is the Roku just a Streaming Stick+ or is it a Roku Streaming Stick 4K+?

If you play the film Don’t Look Up, what audio format does the Sonos app show when streaming from the Netflix app on the TV and Roku?

Make sure you are watching the movie or show with the ORIGINAL language audio track.

Badge

It’s a Samsung UE55MU6470U from 2017.

The Roku is a Roku Streaming Stick+ (model no. 3810EU)

I tried the movie you mentioned but it only plays in Dolby 5.1.

I’ve got a more recent Firestick which i may try and see if that makes a difference.

That Roku doesn’t support Atmos.  The Fire stick has to be a 4K stick to support Atmos. 

Userlevel 7

I’ve got a more recent Firestick which i may try and see if that makes a difference.

Based on my research, that specific Roku model doesn’t support Dolby Atmos on Netflix. If you want to stick with Roku, consider getting the latest model Roku Ultra instead. I know that this model supports Atmos on Netflix.

Since your TV model is from 2017, I don’t believe it supports Dolby Atmos on the native Netflix app either.

One other thing to check on your TV is make sure the Digital Output Audio Format setting is set to Dolby Digital Plus and HDMI Input Audio Format is set to Bitstream.

Badge

That Roku doesn’t support Atmos.  The Fire stick has to be a 4K stick to support Atmos. 

That’s great, thanks for your help!

Badge

Based on my research, that specific Roku model doesn’t support Dolby Atmos on Netflix. If you want to stick with Roku, consider getting the latest model Roku Ultra instead. I know that this model supports Atmos on Netflix.

Since your TV model is from 2017, I don’t believe it supports Dolby Atmos on the native Netflix app either.

One other thing to check on your TV is make sure the Digital Output Audio Format setting is set to Dolby Digital Plus and HDMI Input Audio Format is set to Bitstream.

Thanks for your help on this!
Both those settings on the tv are fine so reckon i’ll just get a more up to date streaming stick.

Hopefully that’ll solve the issue!

Thanks again!