Answered

Gen 3 Sub not working

• 7 October 2023
  • 3 replies

My Gen 3 Sub was working perfectly until about 15 minutes or so ago.

Reflects as ‘connected’ in app. Reset modem and then power cycled the sub but still no luck; it just does not have any sound output/drivers do not move when playing heavy bass when I was testing it. Oddly the app was able to detect and connect to it again but there’s still no sound coming out of it.

Tried TruePlay and it failed because it was “unable to hear one of my speakers”.

System set up is Arc/One x2/Sub.

Any help would be most appreciated; my diagnostics number is ***.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 9 October 2023, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @stratejem, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into the diagnostics you’ve posted and can see that the Wi-Fi channel on the Sonos Arc has been disabled. This option is generally reserved for when you’d be wiring everything in the system or for devices that don’t need the wireless connection.

By disabling this option, you’re preventing the Sonos Ones and Sonos Sub from connecting directly to the Sonos Arc which will cause issues with the surrounds and sub receiving and playing audio given by the Arc. 

Enable Wi-Fi on the Sonos Arc and test playback again, this will allow the Arc to communicate with the surrounds and sub directly. 

I hope this information helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We really need that option changed from WiFi to Radio, it would avoid so much confusion and so many problems with a very simple edit to the Sonos code.

We really need that option changed from WiFi to Radio, it would avoid so much confusion and so many problems with a very simple edit to the Sonos code.

I’m not sure that would entirely resolve the problem here, as some users do not always realise that the Surrounds/Sub communicate directly with the soundbar and often think ALL may indirectly connect to each other via the router/LAN. So changing it to ‘radio’ may not be the solution - at least not by itself. It needs more information (a clear warning) displayed to the end user, perhaps?