Skip to main content
Answered

Foxtel IQ4 sound only working for some channels

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi

I recently upgraded to Sonos Arc, Sub and Era 300’s from Playbar, sub and Sonos One.  The Playbar and Sonos One set up worked on all TV channels.

Now when watching Foxtel I only get sound on some channels.  HD Free to air channels work but SD don’t.  Some Foxtel channels work but not all of them.

I’ve tried playing around with sound settings on both the TV and Foxtel box to no avail.

Arc connected to HDMI ARC and Foxtel connected through HDMI.  TV Sony 65X8500D.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d submit several diagnostics. one from a working channel and others from channels that don’t work. I’d do one for each variation of what wasn’t working.

Keep track of which diagnostic goes with which issue and contact Sonos support with the numbers so they can look at your internal data that users can’t see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’d submit several diagnostics. one from a working channel and others from channels that don’t work. I’d do one for each variation of what wasn’t working.

Keep track of which diagnostic goes with which issue and contact Sonos support with the numbers so they can look at your internal data that users can’t see.

Also look at Now Playing in the app, what audio does it say is playing in the working vs non working case? Could be a codec problem (eg DD 1.0).