five as surround by the side of arc

• 10 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I got an Arc for the TV and two Fives one to each side of the Arc. I use the Fives for music and the Arc for TV but I have now added the two Fives as surround to the Arc and Trueplay the lot. The question: is it ok to have the two Fives as surround to the Arc but placed to each side of the Arc? not really surround as they seat at the same level as the Arc but would that affect the sound quality of music or the TV?

thanks

J

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The spouns you get from the Fives are meant to come from behind your seating position. To me the effect of this would be very strange: the helicopter flying over in a movie would sound as if it's going left to right.

On the other hand: this is your system. If you do not hear anything strange, it's OK for you. Trust your ears! 

that makes sense i think i might go back to the two fives paired for music and the arc alone for the tv

thanks

J