Skip to main content

Feature Request: Sonos Amp with multichannel 7.1 support

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Add a multi channel to the system. Let me join 2 amps to make a 7.1 System.    Most people I sell your product to don’t understand surroundsound, and they want to hear the rears they want to hear dialogue   The option of a multi channel would be awesome. I would be able to sell a lot more amps.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

7.1 would not change the place the voices originate from. If you want rear speakers to also do dialogue, this could probably be achieved by software. This could be a good option for people with hearing problems, but could confuse others, especially if they do not understand surround. So if Sonos would make this available it should be added under accessibility or such.

Add a multi channel to the system. Let me join 2 amps to make a 7.1 System.    Most people I sell your product to don’t understand surroundsound, and they want to hear the rears they want to hear dialogue   The option of a multi channel would be awesome. I would be able to sell a lot more amps.  

Two words - Educate them.

I just don’t think a few different sound modes would hurt. Old people can’t hear and they would like to hear a dialogue in the back if they could.  

I’m confused.  The option to hear the stereo front channels (dialogue) in the rear surround speakers, has nothing to do with a hypothetical 7.1 channel amp.  What am I missing?