Feature Request: ARC - Variable Speech Enhancement

• 3 December 2022
  • 3 replies

This feature request is for user-variable level control for the ARC speech enhancement effect.

My TV audio setup is currently ARC+2xONE SL+Sub(gen 3).

I’ve tuned and enabled TruePlay

With speech enhancement off, I find the speech level is a bit buried in the rest of the audio. I tried speech enhancement and it works great, but it feels like it’s about twice as much as I need. The speech is very intelligible, but is too emphasized (along with some other sounds) for my needs and comfort.

So, I propose that the Speech enhancement level be adjustable, similar to treble and bass controls (but with only positive range of adjustment).

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Michael Burgener , welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and I will forward it to our developers for consideration.

Thanks for the reply. One more thing: I’m running version 14.19

I second the request for different levels of Speech Enhancement and/or better med ranges eq control.

Dialogue clarity lacking without SH, with SH on many sources sound harsh and unnatural.