ERA300s mounting upside down versus regular position

• 4 April 2023
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Hi team,

I’ve ordered a pair of ERA300s to use as surrounds with my Arc and sub. I was planning of mounting them at regular listening height on the wall behind my couch. Then I read that they can also be placed nearer the ceiling upside down and I can easily mount them there too.

So I have a choice. Which is the best position to mount them or doesn’t it matter.

cheers, Dave

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2

To be honest I don’t think them mounted up high would sound very good. Sure the Atmos would be coming right down at you, but then the rear and side channels would be bouncing around at ceiling height, too. 

Yeah that makes sense. I think I’ll be sticking with the regular head height position. Any other views?

To be honest I don’t think them mounted up high would sound very good. Sure the Atmos would be coming right down at you, but then the rear and side channels would be bouncing around at ceiling height, too. 

But wouldn’t the rear and side channels be adjusted  by the Trueplay?

Trueplay could detect orientation and swap left and right for the side channels, but the height channels are intended to be reflected, not direct.

Badge

Sonos provides instructions for mounting the E3 upside down and within 2’ of the ceiling 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

If it was me I’d wall mount at the same 38 inch height of the stands Sonos sells