Answered

ERA300 height positioning

• 23 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello to all,

i would like to ask your suggestions since I can’t try the positiong without drilling holes.

As in picture, I have the SUrround placed on the couch that is against the wall.

Horrizontal position:

ideal position is having the left one at the same distance than the right one from the listener ears (in this case i should re position the left speaker at about 150 cm far, correct?

Vertical position:

I have read that they should be ideally 60 cm above the head or at “ear level”

So wich would be better having a 250 cm ceiling height:

-place them at ear level ( in my case 90 cm height)

-place them at mid wall (125 or 150cm) so that the upper driver sound bounces back to me having less distance (125+125+35=285cm)

-place them at 125 or 150 cm up side down so to have the upper driver firing down and not bouncing on the ceiling

Thanks for the reply

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 April 2023, 14:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @flybyme 

Thanks for your post!

You’re showing the listener to be directly in front of the TV, so I agree with the suggestion that the left surround should be moved further left so that the listener is equidistant between the two speakers. Whether the sofa is squared with the TV or not is another matter, best left up to you.

Do you have the option of pulling the sofa away from the wall? If so, I would recommend it, just to ensure that the rear audio does indeed come from the rear.

As I mentioned in the other thread, non-inverted mounting is always going to be recommended over inverted mounting, but whether you mount them at head height or higher is something that I think only you can determine, according to which sounds best to you.

Hopefully, someone with a pair of Era 300s has tried both configurations and will chime in.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello Corry,

thanks for the reply🤗

I can’t pull away the sofa from the wall unfortunatly.

I will position the left speaker at the same distance from the right one.

Hope someone has tried different height position and gives us a feedback.