Era 300s, Beam 2, Ikea rears, and Sub 3

• 23 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just go a pair of Era 300s.  I have set them up as a Stereo pair room/group.  I then added them as grouped fronts to my Beam2, Ikea rears and Sub2, set up for TV.  When is listen to Movies and Music from my Apple TV the combined systems works great and produces awesome Dolby Atmos audio with no discernible synch problems.  The combined group works fine.  

However when I just want to listen to the Apple Music Radio App from Sonos the right stereo 300 keeps going off.  I’ve done trouble shooting suggested by Sonos support, but the right Era 300 keeps dropping.  If I set that speaker up as a solo unit the Apple radio app works fine and the lone speaker stays on and Dolby Atmos works.

Is the problem due to some interference issue which I can resolve, or is there something defective with the particular speaker?  Ideas, comments, or suggestions please?

Armando

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Quite possibly wireless interference, but first perhaps try increasing the ‘group audio delay’ as you’re using the Arc as your group co-ordinator, see if that works. If it does work okay, it might just be a local network bandwidth issue. It’s why that tool is there in the App. You can use it with ‘TV Dialog Sync’ too, to try to keep all in sync. Also perhaps report back what the SNR reading is for that Era speaker. See this link: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/understanding-the-network-details-section-in-the-sonos-app

Ideally all your main products need an SNR level of 45dB or higher.

Badge

Ken,

I have no big problems with delays.  The right era 300 drops off when I use the radio apps from Sonos.  No problem when using Apple TV for movies and music. I’ll try again on the networking channel issues

Ken,

I have no big problems with delays.  The right era 300 drops off when I use the radio apps from Sonos.  No problem when using Apple TV for movies and music. I’ll try again on the networking channel issues

What is its SNR reading?

If the Era SNR reading is low (below 45dB) then ‘yes’ I would try a different WiFi channel on your router for whatever band is in use by the player, but if the SNR is looking okay, maybe try just setting the 2.4Ghz band channel-width to 20Mhz only.

I would perhaps consider trying a different non-overlapping channel on the routers 2.4Ghz band anyway, as that’s the signal the Arc/Surrounds (GC) will be using for Sonos Radio playback.

Ensure no other wireless devices are nearby the grouped Era too.