ERA 300 wall positioning

• 15 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all! 

I’ve an open space configured as the image I attach.

Arc is linked to a 65” Sony A95k. I use all these as surround both for film and music (Apple Music).

I want to upgrade sorround replacing ONE SL with ERA 300. 

Do you think is a good upgrade? I have to put upside down the ERA?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dantegranese, welcome to the Sonos Community!

In a vacuum, the Era 300s as surrounds will be better that the One SLs, and this is likely the case in your situation here. However, having them as far back as your One SLs and, I assume, quite close to the ceiling is going to change the overall sound experience as opposed to having them right behind your listening position.

While it likely will be better, it’s down to personal preference here. I would instead suggest having the Era 300s placed behind your listening position and using speaker stands but I understand this may not be ideal due to space or power socket availability.

In your case, our Era 300 user guide suggests mounting the speaker upside down as it is within within 2' (.61m) of your ceiling.

I hope this information helps!

I can’t use stand...Reading my actual situation, do you think is better update to Era 300 or stay with my ONE SL?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dantegranese,

If we just look at the specs, then I would say it’s worth the upgrade for both your Home Theatre and Music listening experience. If you don’t have any issues with the One SLs and you’re just looking for more, then the Era 300s will provide that. 

That said, if you are going forward with this, then you’ll definitely want to wall mount the Era 300s upside-down for the best experience.

I hope this helps!