Skip to main content
Answered

Era 300 right on the edge of which way to mount

• 3 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m setting up a Sonos system, primarily for movies, music secondary. I am particularly trying to “tune” for Dolby Atmos. The system will be Arc, x2 Era 300’s, Sub Gen 3.

The question is regarding the Era 300’s. They will be 5 feet (150 cm) behind the back of the couch on the top of some bookshelves, about 6 feet (180 cm) high. Space to each side and behind isn’t an issue. Distance to ceiling is, well, borderline, depending exactly how measured.

I’ve read the Era 300’s should be mounted upside down if within 2 feet (610 cm) of the ceiling. However, the Trueplay tuning, which I love, hasn’t yet been implemented for the Era 300’s while upside down (according to what I’ve read here).

My distance … exactly 2 feet (610 cm) from the top of the shelves to the ceiling. However, if I measure from the top of the speakers, which I suspect is correct, then I have about 15” (450 cm).

So, given the above, including I’d like to use Trueplay if I can, should I still mount the Era 300’s inverted?

I’ll try both ways when speakers arrive (out of stock locally but due in this week) but was wondering what people might suggest.

P.S. Would prefer them at head height on stands but that’s not really an option.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Natator, welcome to Sonos Community!

Depending on the orientation of your Sonos Era 300’s, you might not be able to complete a Trueplay tuning. I can confirm that Trueplay tuning for the Era 300’s on inverted position has not been implemented yet.

I would recommend purchasing directly from Sonos.com , just for the case you are not satisfied with your setup, you can return the products and receive a full refund with our Money Back Guarantee

By me replying here your thread will go to the top of the Activity list, maybe other members of our Community who are already using Sonos in a similar way have some feedback for you.

I hope this helps.

Moderator Note: Updated my reply by adding the grey text to avoid confusion.

Thanks Sotiris :)

Can’t see me not being happy with the 300’s, it’s more me trying to ensure I get the best out of them possible.

Cheers :)