Answered

ERA 300 placment

• 31 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, I’m just redesigning my open plan lounge and the sofa shall be in the middle. My only options to wall mount are either offset to the left and right directly behind (but this about 2.5m) or directly to the left and right of the sofa again about 2.5m or so.

is there a optimal placement out of the two? I could get stands for behind the sofa but I have 3 young children and fear them knocking them over. 

my worry is if they’ll be loud enough that far away? For reference I’m running an arc and 2 x sub gen 3s also

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 31 March 2024, 14:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Cgbaldwi 

Best option would be to place them on ear level with stands. Imo wall mounting at that highs just can be a compromise. 
For further details…

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/era300

Hi, thank you very much for replying. To confirm, I can mount them at ear height on the wall, it was more the distance from me I was worried about

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, thank you very much for replying. To confirm, I can mount them at ear height on the wall, it was more the distance from me I was worried about

Ok, in that case I think it could work in a good way, because you can adjust the rears level and also trueplay (I strongly recommend to use) would optimize the setup. 

Is best behind me or the side do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Is best behind me or the side do you think?

Please follow the link I posted above.

Era300 for best position should be placed behind you.