Era 300 Atmos/spatial audio question

• 20 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

My setup is Arc + Sub x 2.  I just sold my 2 Ones as my rear surrounds and pre-ordered 2 Era 300s.  Will my shelves in these pictures disrupt the upward firing tweeters if one of my rear Era 300 is mounted on the rear wall?  Or is it not enough to worry about?  I saw something online saying if you have to mount <2 ft of the ceiling, to mount them upside down.  I can move these shelves relatively easily, if needed.

*note, don’t mind the yoga mat and roller in the corner.  Those will be moved.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

As long as the Era 300 is angled away from the shelves, there should be enough clearance for the upward-firing driver to reflect the audio off of the ceiling.

Badge

Thanks, do you know if the Sonos wall mount allows the Era 300 to be angled?

Userlevel 7

The wall mount has a ball-and-socket joint that swivels 15 degrees up or down and left or right to angle the speaker.

Badge

Are there directions posted on the best angle towards the listening area?  I’ve seen some pictures with the era 300 at the rears perpendicular to the listening area, and some angled towards the listening area.  Which is more ideal?

Userlevel 7

Are there directions posted on the best angle towards the listening area?  I’ve seen some pictures with the era 300 at the rears perpendicular to the listening area, and some angled towards the listening area.  Which is more ideal?

Every room setup is different. I would try both and pick the option that sounds best to your ears.