Skip to main content
Answered

ERA 100 wifi connexion & TV sync

• 23 September 2023
  • 9 replies

I must connect my ERA 100 every time when I open tv!! Only ARC is auto connected.

is there any solution to adjust era 100 volume with tv remote ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I presume you are are ‘grouping’ the Era 100 with the Arc - if so, then the TV remote will only control the volume of the Arc. One way around the issue, is to ‘bond’, not group, the Era 100 to the Arc as a HT surround, but note you cannot do that with a single Era 100, you will need two Era 100’s …and when they are set as the Arc’s rear left/right surround you can then control their volume as a single ‘bonded’ room using the TV remote.

Please note though, when playing TV audio the Era 100s will only play rear channel TV audio in sync and ‘ambient’ music audio, by default. The music audio however can be switched to ‘Full’ audio output in the Arc room settings in the Sonos App so that you get stereo output from both the front and rear speakers or collectively they can play both 5.0/5.1 Surround sound and Atmos audio.

Badge

Thank you Ken,

if you are sure when I buy another ERA 100 it will sync with tv, I’ll do it. However, I can play the same sound in arc and 2 era right ?( if I don’t like that era play back sound)

Thank you Ken,

if you are sure when I buy another ERA 100 it will sync with tv, I’ll do it. However, I can play the same sound in arc and 2 era right ?( if I don’t like that era play back sound)

If you purchase direct from Sonos there is often a no-quibble returns policy period, if you’re not happy with it, but just check the terms/return policy before you buy. 

Badge

Hi Ken, 

i bought a 2nd ERA 100, I can control volume by the remote tv however the era 100 plays only the rear audio ( I think it’s normal because they are surround ). Is it any way to can hear dialogues from both arc and the 2 era ?

thank you 

Hi Ken, 

i bought a 2nd ERA 100, I can control volume by the remote tv however the era 100 plays only the rear audio ( I think it’s normal because they are surround ). Is it any way to can hear dialogues from both arc and the 2 era ?

thank you 

You can shift some of the audio between front/rear speakers in the Arc’s room settings. In the App goto ‘Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]/Surround Audio and adjust the ‘TV Level’ slider control between left (front) and right (rear) speakers.

The Music Level slider control does a similar thing for Music, but also note there is an Ambient/Full setting (drop-down) option for Music. The ‘Full’ setting will play full stereo music audio out of both the front and rear speakers. Note this latter feature is bypassed when playing Atmos music audio.

I hope that info. assists.

Badge

I tried this but dialogues comes only from arc . I changed tv audio output to PCM and it’s better but I think I’ll lost others audio effects

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Dialog volume is an issue, the problem starts with the producer that sets it too low for many folks needs.

It would be good if Sonos supported a volume control for the center channel, where most dialog is, that let folks correct the problem.

I tried this but dialogues comes only from arc . I changed tv audio output to PCM and it’s better but I think I’ll lost others audio effects

Maybe see if Sonos ‘speech enhancement’ will help you further… see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/make-dialogue-easier-to-hear-with-speech-enhancement

edit: +1 from me too for boosting the HT center channel audio, as @Stanley_4 suggests.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ugly and not Sonos recommended, you can cut the other soundbar channels, thus making the center seem louder.

A few layers of towels over the ends of the Arc then raising the volume can really make a difference in hearing the dialog. They do kinda mess up the rest of the audio but at least you don’t have to turn on subtitles to follow the dialog.

Wife wants my canary yellow towels replaced with black ones unless I’m willing to put them out of sight when not in use.