Skip to main content

ERA 100 Pairing with Beam Gen 2

• 26 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi All,

I just purchased a pair of ERA 100s that I’ve paired with my Beam Gen 2. When watching TV, about 90% of the sound seems to come from the Beam and the only sound that comes from the ERA 100s are slight background sounds but no voice. Is this normal?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Check the Now Playing screen. On the left will be a listing for the audio input.  Check to see if you are getting DD 5.1 or Dolby Atmos.  If you are, then it's fine.  The surrounds don't carry on screen dialog, they are for ambient noises and directional effects.  They aren't going to be a repeat of the front speakers.

If you aren't getting the above formats, you need to change your source device(s) settings to enable surround sound (Bitstram, Dolby Digital, DD+, Atmos are the usual settings).

Thanks for replying. Where do I find the Now Playing screen?

Thanks for replying. Where do I find the Now Playing screen?

See attached screenshots (just example from iOS iPad controller) which may perhaps assist you.

The Beam shows Audio In Dolby Digital Plus 5.1, but the two ERA 100s  do not show any Audio In

Yes, that looks fine @Paprikahead and is what you should expect to see in that area of the App when playing that codec.👍

They won't show anything, they are part of the soundbar.  So you are getting 5.1.  There's just not a lot of surround in the source.  Try an action movie, or a war epic like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan.  That movie lights up the surrounds like no other.

You could go onto try playing music audio to your Family Room setup too. By default the rear speakers are set to ‘Ambient’ for music audio - However, you can if you prefer, switch the surrounds to play ‘Full’ audio for non-Atmos music by changing the setting in ‘Settings/System/Family Room/Surround Audio’.

A good movie I like to listen too is "6 Underground” on Netflix - The car chase sequence at the start of the movie is great for HT surround sound too.

Thanks All. I’m all set up.