Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a Sonos Beam 2 with a pair of Era 100 for surround and a Sub mini. So, the immersive set.

My Beam 2 is connected on an Earc hdmi audio return on my BenQ 3100i videoprojector, which is 4k HDR10 and Dolby Atmos.

I use my Xbox Series X to watch my movies because it has full compatibility, and work perfectly well with my Sonos home cinema and BenQx3100i videoprojector.

My problem is, sometimes it would detect Dolby Atmos (even just using the Xbox) and sometimes not.
I tried many hours to understand what makes Dolby Atmos work, or what doesn’t but I cant figure it out. I checked all my settings, on my Sonos, on my Xbox and on my Benq videoprojector. My Xbox says it’s Dolby Atmos compatible, I can actually select the option but, sometimes the sound just won’t come out. Also tried to set threw the Dolby app.
Can anyone help me ?

Thank you.

Dolby Atmos defenitively stoped working on my Beam 2, I have to use Dolby Digital for now…

I made sure to have full compatibility threw all my setup, including very expensive eARC 2.1 HDMI cables. Passthrough is on from my Xbox and videoprojector. 
Please someone help me… (sorry for my bad english, i’m french)