Answered

Dolby Atmos on ARC \ ERA 300 and LG G2

• 18 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, I'm writing because I'm having problems with my SONOS system consisting of Arc + 2 ERA 300s configured in surround: I connected the system to my LG G2 via HDMI using the e-arc port, the TV settings are passtrough+earc, I tried to watch Dolby Atmos content (e.g. Jack Ryan on Prime and some blurays) but nothing on the SONOS app, I only see Digital 5.1. Can anyone help me? Thank you

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 January 2024, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

How exactly are you streaming Prime Video? What model Blu-ray player do you have? What Blu-ray discs are you testing?

Hi, thank you for your help. For Prime Video I use the native app of the LG TV (Jack Ryan episodes), while the bluerays are .mkv files that are read by the TV directly from a USB stick and contain Dolby Atmos track.

The TV settings are:

eARC support active;

HDMI input audio format not selectable (gray color);

Pass Through digital audio output

Userlevel 7

I’m not sure why you aren’t getting Atmos audio from Prime Video. What audio format do you get when you play Carnival Row or Daisy Jones and The Six?

I’m willing to guess that your TV doesn’t support Dolby Atmos audio from the USB port especially if the audio track is in Dolby TrueHD. Try testing an MKV file with a Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Atmos track instead.

Tnks