Dolby Atmos not showing on Netlix app for Apple TV 4K? Solved

• 4 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I can’t believe I didn’t find this anywhere on the forums so posting for others. I currently have the LG C2 with the Sonos Arc and Apple TV 4K.

Here are the settings you specifically need to get Dolby Atmos to show as an option in Netflix:

LG C2

Digital audio output > Pass Through

eARC Support > On

Apple TV 4K

Video and Audio > Audio Format > Dolby Atmos On

For most people this should be all you need to do. If you notice that Dolby Atmos is showing in other apps or your TVs own OS through Netflix but not Apple TV Netflix then do this:

Find a movie you know for sure has Dolby Atmos and start the movie. (It will say 5.1 but start it anyways)

once the movie has started select different audio tracks with your Apple Remote. Eventually it should change to Dolby Atmos and when you go back all of your Netflix shows will now be labeled to Dolby Atmos if applicable. You can verify this with your Sonos app that it’s working.

Idk if this is a bug on Apple, Netflix, or Sonos but I hope this gets fixed soon.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Atmosguy 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

And thank you for sharing your findings!

It sounds like the Netflix app is querying your TV for the best audio format compatible with all devices connected, but for some reason is failing to do so properly until you force it to do so by switching audio format mid-stream. It’s difficult to say why this is not working properly, but I’d be tempted to unplug the TV from power for at least 2 minutes to see if that improves matters at all.

I hope this helps.