Answered

Dolby Atmos

• 28 October 2023
  • 15 replies

When watching Netflix dolby atmos it isn't showing just saying dolby digital 5.1

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 29 October 2023, 12:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Badge +1

Whats your setup?

Samsung qled tv

Sonos Arc

Sub Gen 3

Do you have a premium Netflix subscription?  Atmos is only available in their highest tier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

How do you know you’re playing Atmos?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

How do you know you’re playing Atmos?

App shows it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, I know. My question was directed at @Ngozi but I maybe could have been more clear in my questioning. How does he know he should be receiving Atmos when his system is showing he doesn’t.

Hello its She! And the Netflix show was in Dolby Atmos. 

Userlevel 7

Hello its She! And the Netflix show was in Dolby Atmos. 

Which Netflix show? Specific series and episode or movie title?

Have you played Atmos content before from Netflix without any issue?

Hi 

Yes I have checked its fine when I play other shows. Lupin is what I was watching. 

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Yes I have checked its fine when I play other shows. Lupin is what I was watching. 

Hi,

When a series shows as Atmos, not every series/episode may be in Atmos.

However, I’ve tried episodes in all 3 series of Lupin and not getting Atmos either.

As Atmos is working for other shows there is nothing in your settings that you can do. The issue lies with Netflix.

Hey Mr T

Thanks. I have gone into the settings for the show and as much as it says dolby atmos the highest setting is 5.1 so yh its down to what Netflix are showing as DA isn't available when you click settings

Userlevel 7

Hey Mr T

Thanks. I have gone into the settings for the show and as much as it says dolby atmos the highest setting is 5.1 so yh its down to what Netflix are showing as DA isn't available when you click settings

Actually, Season 3 if you play in French will produce Dolby Atmos…

The first two series are not in Atmos, irrespective of language.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is often the case: only the original language gets Atmos.

That is often the case: only the original language gets Atmos.

Yes you're right. At least I know it's nothing to do with my set up. Looking to get era 300 to add to my system. 

Thanks everyone for help and support 🙏🏾