Dolby Atmos

• 14 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi Can you help me I keep getting stereo PCM on my sonos system and not Atmos, I have arc, sub and 2 300 speakers, I have LG OLED83C24LA , I am watching via the apps and not via Sky,  believe I should be able to get ATMOS I have been advised to go into sound settings, on the TV and set to dd+ turn on e arc, and set to pass through. I dont see how I can do that.All advanced settings in the TV are greyed out when I access the menu. I also don’t understand the term pass through, It wsould be great if someone has a similar set up and can help me to get the settings right on my TV so that I can enjoy the sonos system prefectly - thanks in advance 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Set your TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

What streaming apps do you use to play Dolby Atmos content?

Hi 

I cant seem to access advanced audio settings on the tv, they are “greyed”out

I have only tried netflix and disney 

Thanks for taking the time to reply 

Userlevel 7

If you are only using the TV’s native apps, you only need to access the Digital Sound Output setting and set it to Pass Through. The HDMI Input Audio Format setting is only necessary if you are using an external streaming device.

Be sure that you have a premium Netflix subscription. Test the film Don’t Look Up on Netflix and Black Panther on Disney+ and tell me what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app.

Thankyou, that’s great, I just dont know how to do that on the TV - all advanced options are “greyed” out

Sounds like the TV is the issue 

Anyone have any ideas how to do the above ?

TV is LG OLED83C24LA 

I will reply with the test later, I can tell you I watched 6 underground yesterday and can confirm the audio was stereo PCM

Thanks I do appreciate the help

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, check to see if the Advanced Settings are available on the TV.

Thanks so much I will definitely give it a go