Skip to main content
Answered

does S2 15.10 work with Bluetooth? and if so how?

• 5 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I recently purchased a Sonos S2 speaker with a new Samsung TV and I can’t get it to hook up to Bluetooth. Any explanation or solutions? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It’s not the ‘software’ that controls whether or not the speaker can use Bluetooth, it’s the hardware in the speaker, I.e. does it have the electronics inside to receive a Bluetooth signal. Which Sonos speaker do you have, and how are you trying to use it?

It’s a Sonos OS S2 speaker paired with a Samsung TV. I’m trying to pair it with my IOS Bluetooth but the connection isn’t working.

Unfortunately, you’re telling me what operating system (S2) it is running, not which speaker it is. But if it is one of the Sonos sound bars (the Arc or Beam), neither of them have the electronics inside them to receive a Bluetooth signal. If you have some other speaker, please let us know, and then it wouldn’t hurt to know how that speaker is connected to the TV, and what is the source of the Bluetooth signal. 

When I want my Arc to play a Bluetooth signal, I use my iPhone to send a signal to my Sonos Roam, and then group the two Sonos rooms together. 

Thanks, it’s a sound bar! So I can’t pair them up, it seems!

Userlevel 7

Thanks, it’s a sound bar! So I can’t pair them up, it seems!

Is there a reason why you aren’t connecting the sound bar to your TV via HDMI ARC or optical connection?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just curious which Sonos soundbar, there are three current and one older one.

Ray, Beam, Arc, PlayBar