Answered

Do certain TV audio settings work with beam like volume leveling?

• 29 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

figure widget

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 February 2023, 17:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe. This depends on the TV and how you connect to BEAM. “Volume Leveling” is not supported by BEAM. If the TV applies Volume Leveling to the audio sent to BEAM, beam will render this signal as received. 

BEAM does offer a night mode for TV sound. This function is intended to prevent sudden loud surprises while some family members are sleeping. Volume Leveling is a formal procedure that requires analyzing multiple tracks, before setting the overall play level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @airtas 

Thanks for your post!

@buzz may well be correct here, but typically, all of those features/settings will be greyed-out/disabled when any external audio device is connected to the TV (and working).

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @airtas 

Thanks for your post!

@buzz may well be correct here, but typically, all of those features/settings will be greyed-out/disabled when any external audio device is connected to the TV (and working).

I hope this helps.

Should we assume it works or doesn't work if not greyed out? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @airtas 

If not greyed-out, I would presume the feature is still available, but this is only a guess, and would depend on how the TV software was written. Try it and see.

I suspect that if you switch the TV’s output setting to Passthrough, those options will become unavailable.

I hope this helps.