Daily use 'Sonos Arc'

• 17 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hej, 

Finally, after more than a year i finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Sonos Arc as a christmas present to myself. Now when i have it installed i’m wondering why i’ve waited so long, mind-blowing sound compared to the intern speakers of my LG CX tv. 

now to the thing that makes me wonder. As like everyone (i guess) i’m starting to save upp to invest in 2 sonos ones and a SUB for my serounds. the thing i can’t find an answer to…

is there a proper way for daily use to your seround system? In which i mean... we often watch the news, have a partner that watches girly shows, and small children that watched cartoons. 

you leave it on during these occasions? feels some what meanlingless to have seround sound during these times? but in the same time it feels meaningless to go into your tv settings / sound and switch back to internal speakers?

what do you sonos fans do?

thanks 🙂 and have a great holiday

3 replies

Userlevel 7

A Sonos Arc surround setup will make everything you watch sound better, even the news and cartoons. So I recommend keeping it connected at all times.

Although with casual, everyday TV viewing, I keep the Night Sound feature (moon icon) turned on. This lowers the dynamic range of the audio and gives you more level volume. It’s especially helpful with loud commercials. I also lower the bass on the EQ because I personally don’t like too much bass for normal TV viewing. Too much bass can often muddy the dialog especially from male voices when watching stereo content.

A Sonos Arc surround setup will make everything you watch sound better, even the news and cartoons. So I recommend keeping it connected at all times.

Although with casual, everyday TV viewing, I keep the Night Sound feature (moon icon) turned on. This lowers the dynamic range of the audio and gives you more level volume. It’s especially helpful with loud commercials. I also lower the bass on the EQ because I personally don’t like too much bass for normal TV viewing. Too much bass can often muddy the dialog especially from male voices when watching stereo content.

Thank you for your input, makes sense i guess. I will start playing around with the settings you mentioned. can imagine the dialog will inprove drastically even with regular tv programms

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

For surround use where the voice control isn’t used the One SL can save you money.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/two-room-set-one-sl

We have an Arc and Beams, we leave them on full time for our TV use. We also use them to stream music when not watching TV.

We are slightly unhappy with the speech we get from them and have used the suggested tweaks to help. What we’d really like is the ability to set the center channel slightly louder then the L/R channels to assist our bad ears a bit.

We love our Sub too, we did add a home-made cover of acoustically transparent cloth to keep stuff out of the vents. If you have bug, or worse little kid issues you might want to do that before a Lego ends up inside.

Sub or Surround purchase order is tough. We went Sub first as we do listen to a lot of music and it seemed like it would give the most improvement. If you watch a lot of movies with Surround channels you might want to get the Surrounds first.