Crackling sound from Beam when loud noises present

• 22 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello all, I have been noticing a crackling (almost like fireworks) any time the movie gets really loud. I have only noticed it so far with watching Harry Potter on SyFy (Roku TV), but will update if I hear it on other platforms. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I submitted a diagnostic and will contact Sonos, but figured I’d also check if anyone has experienced this. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @sfcpa, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about the crackling sounds on your Sonos Beam. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hello Simon,

My diagnostics number is 1434923946.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @sfcpa, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, I can’t see any issue on your Sonos Beam. We'll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask you for video proof when the issue is happening so that they can provide further options about this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.