Skip to main content

Couldn't able to Hear sound quality

• 30 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello , 

I’m have samsung Q7 Series TV, and I also have  Apple TV connected to my TV. I have bought Sonos Arc, Sonos Sub (3.1) and sonos era 300. I have installed like few days back. 

My issue is I couldn’t able to hear quality sound and my Surrounding speakers are not working as expected. Do I need to do any settings on my TV. 

In sonos app it’s showing TV is connected to TV Stereo PCM. No really understanding what is the issue. 

Any suggestions is much Appreciated. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @kamal953p, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You might need to adjust your TV settings and also Apple TV settings. Bare in mind that the audio playing on your Sonos Home Theater depends on the source from the TV.

Be sure your TV is set to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

On the Apple TV:

Set the Change Format audio setting to OFF.

The above settings should do the work and If you have any further questions feel free to reply here, or contact our Sonos Support for live guidance.

I hope this helps.

Hello Sotiris,

I have changed all the setting you listed above but when I’m trying to play anything from apple tv its playing through tv speakers , If I select living room speakers I’m not getting any sound from Tv and it’s automa Changing to TV speakers. 

Im really frustrating with these speakers. I have connected to sonos support team as well they said to resend the sonos Arc .