Skip to main content

Continual LPCM 7.1 Sound issues on my LG G3

• 23 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Getting really frustrated as a seasoned Sonos owner. I have an brand new LG G3 with an Arc hooked up to eArc along with a Sub 3rd. No rears yet. I have a Apple TV 4K as well as a PS5 hooked up. I have gone through the setting recommendations and reset posted by GuitarSuperstar (thank you btw) multiple times and I cannot keep Dolby Atmos to stay, it keeps saying LPCM 7.1 and the sound is awful. Have to continually turn it almost all the way up and it sounds like crap. Can someone please help me get it so it sticks and actually works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hey @Jeffrey_35 …

Sounds strange to me… 🤔 

Does it happen playing exactly the same content? If so, that imho would indicate a software problem of the tv. But if switching to PCM 7.1 in every case happens with a different content it just could depend on what you are playing and what kind of audio format is supported. 

Badge

pleace make sure on your TV settings  : Digital sound out : Pass Through and HDMI : Bitstream