Question

Connectivity Issues

• 15 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve finally decided to fix /address my connectivity issues with Sonos since we bought the system 2 years ago. It has become bu quest.  We have the surround sound configuration (2 SonosOnes, Sub and Playbar).  They are very rarely connected (fully connected). More often than not I go to the app and it says: (Playbar +Sub+?+LS) —- pick your combination for which speaker shows up as “?”  The Playbar however, NEVER cuts out (so that’s good).  In reviewing this community I learned a Boost would help.  Connected the Boost, issue resolved (for 1 day sadly).  The boost is wired to the router.  Sonos support states that I should move the router closer to the Sonos speakers. Which would require rewriting to move my router downstairs. Router is upstairs In the office and Sonos surround is 1 floor down (maybe 50 feet if that).  There has to be a solution to this. Maybe another Boost (to create a WiFi mesh??). 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Penguin44, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up, and I know where you're coming from. So that we can take a look at the status of your whole Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon - I “think” I fixed the issue.  I unplugged the Boost from my router and moved it into the living room. All speakers “popped” into active with none of them showing as “?”  It has been 3 hours since I made this move and so far so good.  I am actively monitoring this. If I see speakers start to drop off I will certainly reply to this thread with a diagnostic report.  When last I spoke to customer support they stated the speakers had to move closer to the router. When I woke up this morning my status was:

Playbar+?+?+? … Since the move referenced above it is now: Playbar+Sub+LS+RS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Penguin44, thanks for the update. That’s good news. If it shows Playbar+Sub+LS+RS that means that it detects all the speakers now. 

If you have other questions about your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.