Skip to main content
Answered

Connection to Philips TV switches to internal speakers

• 22 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, apologies if I have missed it but I cannot see my exact question.  I have today got a Sonos Beam 2nd Gen and have connected it to my Philips Android TV.  It connects great and I get true Dolby Atmos sound when that is the only HDMI cable connected. the moment I connect any other HDMI cables to the TV (i.e. blu ray player) the sound switches back to the TV speakers.  Has anyone else had this problem and can they advise me how to resolve it?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific devices are you using? What model are the devices?

Hi

Thank you.  My TV is model number 58PUS8556/12 and I am using a Beam 2nd Generation

Kind regards

Mark

Userlevel 7

What external media devices are you using?

Just a basic LG Blu Ray player, I did have Sky Stream connected as well but now got rid of that and still having the same issue?

Thanks

Userlevel 7

What specific model LG Blu-ray player? 

You might be experiencing CEC interference. Is EasyLink currently enabled? Are you able to turn off EasyLink (CEC) on the TV on specific HDMI ports or is it a universal setting?

Have you tried using a different HDMI port or different HDMI cable to connect the Blu-ray player or Sky Stream?

If it is a CEC issue, you might consider getting one of these “CEC less” HDMI adapters and using it to connect the Blu-ray player or Sky Stream to the TV:
https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

Thank you, I think I have managed to turn it off on on of the inputs which now makes it work as it should so thank you for the advice