Skip to main content

connection issues

• 16 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I have an ArcSL and Sub, connected to a Sony XBR TV via HDMI.  Once in a while, my TV will think the Sonos system is unavailable although everything is on, connected to the TV and to WiFi, no apparent issues at all.   No red status light.  First time it happened, I cut power to everything by turning off the power bar and rest it, TV and all.  That took care of it, but the issue then was that I couldn’t get my Sonos system to connect to wifi manually.  This time, I just tried unplugging the Arc and Sub.  Nothing.

anyone have any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router and phone?

Have you tried rebooting your router and phone?

Thanks, but Router isn’t the issue.  Wifi working fine for everything in the house and the Sonos app on my phone even indicates strong signal to the wifi network.

Once you’ve decided the issue must be [ … ] or cannot be [ … ], you are likely to be blindsided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Forum here taught me this lesson a long time ago!

Me: Everything works but Sonos.

Forum: Reboot the router.

Me: But the router is fine.

Forum: Trust us, reboot it.

Me: So why did that fix my Sonos problem?

Forum: Excellent question, could be a lot of things but even not knowing, it works.

Forum here taught me this lesson a long time ago!

Me: Everything works but Sonos.

Forum: Reboot the router.

Me: But the router is fine.

Forum: Trust us, reboot it.

Me: So why did that fix my Sonos problem?

Forum: Excellent question, could be a lot of things but even not knowing, it works.

This is basically where I’m at.  Except my fix isn’t to reboot my router.  It’s across the room on a different power circuit.  I rebooted the TV, Sonos, Apple TV and Cable unit (all on the same power bar/surge protector).  After doing that, everything works.  Have no idea if Sonos or the TV is the problem.  Maybe next time, I’ll try rebooting just the TV.