Skip to main content

My Sonos Beam is current connected to our TV and works perfectly.   Where this is, we want to connect a CD player so that we can play the CD’s through the Beam, rather than have a second set of speakers for the CD player.

Is this possible, and how would I go about it please?

Many thanks

My Sonos Beam is current connected to our TV and works perfectly.   Where this is, we want to connect a CD player so that we can play the CD’s through the Beam, rather than have a second set of speakers for the CD player.

Is this possible, and how would I go about it please?

Many thanks

I’m afraid not. The Beam doesn’t have a line-in, to take the output from another device like a CD player.

It would probably be cheaper to subscribe to Spotify or Apple Music etc, and play through the Beam all the albums you currently have on CD (and millions more) than to buy additional speakers.

Thanks - I was afraid that would be the response.  I will inform my better half that she needs to do that!!

If it is an option, then the cheapest top music streaming service (at least in the UK) is Amazon Music, which offers songs in HD as part of the price. It’s a better sound quality than the more expensive Spotify, and so would be closest to CD quality for you.

Thanks