Connecting Era 300 as surround sound speakers for TV

Hi guys,

Got a Playbar connected to TV and the Sub connected but trying to work out how to connect my 2 Era 300’s as rear surround sound speakers but can’t work out how to do it.

I’ve set them up and thought I’d added them to the ‘living room’ where the Playbar and Sub are connected in the app but the only option I’m given in that room is to add the Amp as surrounds which seems weird. In the App I’ve now got the following but can’t work out how to have the Playbar, Sub and 2 Era 300’s working together:

Rooms (since adding)

• Living Room (+Sub) which has the Playbar
  • Living Room (L&R) which has the Era 300’s
  • Living Room (Fives) (L&R)

Not massively worried about adding the Fives as use those for music more than anything but surely there must be a way of adding the Era 300’s into my TV sound setup?

I hope someone can help as doing my head in! 😉

Cheers,

Jon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately, the Era 300s can only function as surrounds with the Arc or Beam (Gen 2). The Era 300s are not compatible (as surrounds) with the Playbar, Playbase, or Beam (Gen 1).

Doh, thanks GuitarSuperstar! Guess I’ll have to spend some more wedge then! 🙄😂

Anyone got any ideas on what best to go with (Arc or Beam)? Obvs the Arc is more expensive so you’d like to think better but then I was reading a few less great reviews about dodgy connectivity/dropping out etc! 🤷🏽

Doh, thanks GuitarSuperstar! Guess I’ll have to spend some more wedge then! 🙄😂

Anyone got any ideas on what best to go with (Arc or Beam)? Obvs the Arc is more expensive so you’d like to think better but then I was reading a few less great reviews about dodgy connectivity/dropping out etc! 🤷🏽

Never had a problem with my Arc and I supposedly own one of the problem TVs (2019 Samsung Q8).  

Thanks jgaite, obviously there were a lot of great reviews also but I held off buying as the sound quality out of the Playbar is still good enough to me but will bite the bullet I guess! This will be where I find out my Sub is the wrong gen though no doubt! 😉

Thanks jgaite, obviously there were a lot of great reviews also but I held off buying a the sound quality out of the Playbar is still good enough to me but will bite the bullet I guess! This will be where I find out my Sub is the wrong gen though no doubt! 😉

All generation Subs will work with the Arc. 

Thanks jgaite, obviously there were a lot of great reviews also but I held off buying a the sound quality out of the Playbar is still good enough to me but will bite the bullet I guess! This will be where I find out my Sub is the wrong gen though no doubt! 😉

All generation Subs will work with the Arc. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 4

You will be happy with the Arc. No problems for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi guys,

Got a Playbar connected to TV and the Sub connected but trying to work out how to connect my 2 Era 300’s as rear surround sound speakers but can’t work out how to do it.

I’ve set them up and thought I’d added them to the ‘living room’ where the Playbar and Sub are connected in the app but the only option I’m given in that room is to add the Amp as surrounds which seems weird. In the App I’ve now got the following but can’t work out how to have the Playbar, Sub and 2 Era 300’s working together:

Rooms (since adding)

Not massively worried about adding the Fives as use those for music more than anything but surely there must be a way of adding the Era 300’s into my TV sound setup?

Cheers,

Jon

we can try an alternative if you are still open to this discussion

Hi guys,

Rooms (since adding)

Cheers,

Jon

we can try an alternative if you are still open to this discussion

Got the Arc and still won’t let me add the Era 300’s

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are the Era’s set up as a stereo pair? Split them first and then ad them to the Arc as surround.

Are the Era’s set up as a stereo pair? Split them first and then ad them to the Arc as surround.

That worked, many thanks! 😀

Actually I’ll rephrase that! Managed to add them as surrounds but no sound coming out of them. If I hit volume up on the Era 300’s it just increases the volume on the Arc which is weird

They’re all part of the same room now, the volume controls are controlling the room.

Make sure your TV is passing a 5.1 signal to the Arc. YouTube videos are not in 5.1, test a movie, or other source that your confident is at least 5.1.