Connecting Beam 2 with LG OLED 65G1PUA for dolby atmos

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ve read all the other past posts and I’ve been able to work out most things when connecting my Beam 2 to my LG tv for dolby atmos to work but the instruction to put “HDMI input audio format: HDMI 2 Bitstream” doesn’t work for me as it’s grey’d out and I can not select anything. However, when nothing is playing through the sonos, that menu option isn’t grey’d out for me and it’s automatically selected to whichever HDMI I’ve previously selected. For example, if I’m on HDMI 1 (even though the HDMI ARC is HDMI 2), that menu is already selected to HDMI 1. 

Anyone got any advice? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JPhil 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I am not familiar with LG’s TV menus as I have never owned one, so I’m not sure how your TV’s settings are organised, but my posting here will get your thread back on the recently active list and hopefully someone in the community with an LG TV similar to yours will be able to help.

It is not unknown for some TV settings to be unavailable unless surround sound audio is playing at the time - this might be worth trying.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Try setting up TV autoplay

TV Autoplay

This feature is found within the Sonos app by navigating to Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.

IMG_CD920956ECAF-1.jpeg

Enabled

The Sonos Home Theater product connected to the TV (via Optical or HDMI) will start playing TV audio when the TV is turned on and the Sonos product detects an audio signal. Once enabled, TV Autoplay will continue to function even if a network connection is lost.

Disabled

The Sonos Home Theater product connected to the TV (via Optical or HDMI) will ignore the TV audio signal. Users will need to manually choose TV audio from the Room's Browse menu.