Connect Sonos arc

• 12 February 2022
  • 12 replies

So I just bought a Sonos Arc sound bar, standard setup went ok. now I’m try to and device to my media room and get my devices to play sound through it and none will. So I’m running a 4in/2out matrix, all input devices are HDMI 2.1 to the matrix. 1 Out is to a UUO projector and 2nd out to Arcana fury to Arc sound-bar with HDMI e-Arc cables. Now while doing TV setup in app I get CEC not connected error. Tried to go direct with XBOX X/S to Arcana to Arc as well no luck. Anyone know if I can fix this or do I HAVE to go to tv first?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Revise your setup a bit. Rather than attaching Hdfury to its own matrix output port, connect it between the matrix and the projector. Start with enabling CEC (or whatever they call it) on all devices. Overall CEC is a mess and you may end up disabling CEC on a device or two.  My favorite (not) CEC issue is the cable box updating in the middle of the night, then using CEC to notify everything that “I just turned ON -- lets play Cable”.

Attaching through a matrix switch is somewhat problematic because the matrix likely will not use CEC to switch inputs. The TV or an A/V receiver is designed to switch inputs based on CEC commands. But, as I indicated, this does not always work well.

I’m using an older TV that does not support eARC. Since I’m not using a matrix switch, switching inputs is a manual task, but the audio is handled properly.

Sorry for late reply, work gets crazy. So I hooked my XBOX X/S directly to hdfury to projector and sound bar. Took matrix out completely and still gettingCEC not connected error. I’ve tried every combination of HDMI/CEC on/off that is in the Xbox and still nothing. The app will not allow me to skip or get past this setup step. 

Occasionally I find that I must reboot ARCANA after swapping devices.

So tried reset as well, still can’t get through the setup, 

Above is what is showing active on arcana, is this normal?

Userlevel 7

What model projector do you have? Have you set up the Arc on any other TV or projector before?

If your projector isn’t equipped with HDMI ARC, you may need to set up the Sonos Arc on a TV or projector with CEC capabilities first.

From the Arcana manual:

In order to get audio from any sources at Arcana input, users of brand new/never used SONOS Arc must go through the APP setup process while connected to a CEC capable display, if you never when through the SONOS APP setup process with your SONOS Arc soundbar yet, please connect it to any HDMI display that offer CEC support and complete the SONOS APP setup process, once done you can connect it back in your setup with a non CEC capable display, monitor or TV and you will be able to get Full Audio from any source to SONOS Arc as expected. This SONOS restriction requires such initial setup first with CEC capable display. If your SONOS Arc has been setup before, then there is no need to set it up again after Arcana is connected and you can just proceed normally.

Thank you, I hook it up and finished apps setup this afternoon, done in a flash in my Samsung TV. Will try to set up on projector Again tomorrow and see. Thank you so much for info. 

So no luck, moved back down to media room after finishing setup on CEC enabled tv. Now it is telling me that I’m having a connection issue with HDMI connection, wants me to re run setup. Don’t know what else I can do, not sure if Arcana is even working or is broken

Userlevel 7

Perform a Factory Reset of the Arcana under the FW/RESET sub-menu, and then install the latest Arcana firmware (version 0.86).

Here is the Arcana manual for detailed instructions:

https://www.hdfury.com/docs/HDfuryArcana.pdf

After updates, it’s alive!!!  Thank you so much for the help GuitarSuperstar.