Skip to main content
Answered

Connect Samsung Frame with Sonos AMP + Sonos ONE SL

• 6 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello Everyone,

Even though i would have loved it I cannot install an Arc or Beam on my wall at the moment.

So i am looking to get a Sonos Amp connected to my Samsung One Box. 

1. would it work so i get TV sound from the Sonos Speaker
  2. Latency ? If I get an 800€ “adapter” 🙂 I’d like to get something that works right 

Thanks for your input

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sonos Amp can indeed be set up as the front of a Home Theater, however it needs to be powering two third party speakers, not the Sonos One SL. Doing this, you’d get an interpolated center channel. You could then set up a pair of Sonos Ones as surround speakers, just not part of the ‘front’ set of speakers.

Assuming you use the digital connection (HDMI) on the Amp, there is effectively no delay. 

That was the Idea yes, i will not connect third party speakers to the amp.

Does the amp require specific placement ? I was thinking of keeping it left to the TV (2 meters) as it will be connected to the One Connect box from Samsung

The Amp requires third party speakers to work, it will not drive Sonos speakers as ‘fronts’.

The placement of the Amp is not significant, the placement of the speakers it is driving is. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Airgetlam TS is not going to use Sonos One speaker, but he wants to connect the Amp to the separate Samsung “One Connect box”, that functions as the hub for all connections to the Samsung TV. The TV is in fact a monitor with a slim cable to the One Connect box.