Communication failure between my Sony Bravia KD-65X9000H and my ARC

• 30 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I’m at my wits end with this ongoing problem. I’ve done the standard troubleshooting below which works HOWEVER whenever I turn the TV off at the end of the day and go to turn it back on to use it later or whenever the problem starts up again, communication failure etc. Really shouldn’t have to be doing this every time I want to use my system or watch a movie or game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All my other devices work perfectly with my TV, the ARC is plugged into the E/ARC port and everything is configured correctly with Bravia Sync.

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Bravia Sync is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What happens if you don’t connect any other TV input devices? Can you get sound from TV Apps?

No, none, it works independently of the TV if I run Spotify from my phone though