Choppy sound every 2 seconds when using Arc with LG C3

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

Searched everywhere for a solution to this but can't find anyone asking about the same problem I'm having.

See video here to get an idea of what the issue is.

But basically when I'm using the Arc I'm getting this static "tsch" sound roughly every 2 seconds whenever audio is playing.

This is happening with the PS5, Apple TV etc. if there's audio l'm getting this noise.

It doesn't happen though when I use the Arc to play music independently of the TV.

I've done all the basics. Unplugging everything, turning it off, making sure the TV settings are correct etc. I really don't get it.

It's a brand new tele and soundbar so just keen to get it working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Set the Digital Sound Output setting on the TV to Pass Through, not Auto.

@GuitarSuperstar Thanks, just tried this but same issue.

Userlevel 7

Set the TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On

Then do this in this exact order:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect the other devices to the TV.

@GuitarSuperstar Thanks, just done all this and same issue persists (I followed the instructions exactly)

If it’s helpful there’s also another issue. I get zero sound at all when trying to use the inbuilt WebOS LG software at all (so like opening Amazon Prime Video or YouTube etc through the LG interface) whereas I do get sound from all other devices that are plugged in (PS5, Xbox Series and Apple TV)